Lockdown remains in Kaduna till Tuesday, says State Govt.

The Kaduna State Government has stated that the Quarantine Order remains in force until Tuesday when the two-week extension expires.

The State Government disowned a document that has been making the rounds, stating that the Quarantine Law has been reviewed and that a 12-hour lockdown is now in place.

Several people have called government officials to enquire about the authenticity of the document that has been going viral on social media platforms.

In a statement issued by the Special Adviser on Media and Communication, Mr Muyiwa Adekeye, on Sunday, the government said that the Quarantine Order remains in force until Tuesday, 9 June 2020 when the two-week extension expires.

The statement says the state government last week consulted widely with stakeholders across different sectors on the guidelines for a safe reopening of the state.

“Malam Nasir El-Rufai will address the state on Tuesday, 9 June 2020. This will specify the next steps for the state, which sectors will be permitted to open and the safety guidelines that each sector is expected to comply with before reopening. No market, unauthorised business, school or place of worship will reopen until the government makes the required proclamation.

“Until then, the lockdown remains in force. The night-time curfew also remains in force, until the government announces otherwise,” says the statement.

About the Author: Success Kafoi

Success Kafoi is a technology oriented Nigerian Journalist, with penchant in ICT development and technology innovation. You can reach him on success@naijaaffairs.com

You might like

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: